Applying for TESL Program
Application Procedure: CCLCS TESL Program
Threre are two ways to apply for our TESL programs:
1. Please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) a current copy of your resume and an accompanying letter explaining why you are interested in teaching ESL. Indicate the session for which you wish to be considered (e.g., indicate evening or day and the session starting date).
2. Complete the online application form and attach your resume.
If you meet the program criteria (listed below), someone from our office will contact you to arrange an interview. The interview process takes approximately one hour.
At the time of the interview, a $40 application fee must be paid. Once you are accepted into the program, a $100 registration fee must be paid. Please note that Advanced Standing applicants must pay a $150 assessment/application fee and a $100 registration fee.
Applicants to the TESL program:
- should have a University degree (please note that TESL Canada and TESL Ontario certification will only be granted to those with a minimum 3-year university degree or equivalent)
- must have an excellent command of English. (Non-native speakers of English must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting the results of an English Language proficiency Test to CCLCS before the class begins. If unable to do so, a language waiver must be signed. Please see www.tesl.ca for details on what tests and scores are acceptable for TESL Canada and www.teslontario.ca on what tests and scores are acceptable for TESL Ontario.)
- must have a commitment to ongoing learning
- should have relevant work or volunteer experience
- should have cross-cultural experience (in Canada or overseas)
- must have an understanding of and respect for adult learners
- must show evidence of strong interpersonal communication skills
Acceptance into the program does not guarantee a certificate. To pass the course, students must know and be able to use the material to the satisfaction of the instructor. After receiving their TESL certificate from CCLCS, graduates can then submit their certificate and other information to TESL Canada or TESL Ontario to receive their TESL Canada or TESL Ontario certificates.
For more information about TESL Canada, please contact them at:
3751 -21st Street NE,
For more information about TESL Ontario, please contact them at:
#405-27 Carlton St.Toronto, Ontario M5B 1L2
Tel: (416) 593-4243 or 1-800-327-4827