The 316-hour TESL Ontario program consists of:
- 100-hour core course
- 10 hours of ESL Observation at CCLCS
- practicum (one week/daytime/25 hours) at CCLCS
- 110-hour core course
- 5 hours of observation in any adult ESL program
- 21 hour Pronunciation module
- 5 hour Anti-Discrimination Workshop (Saturday)
- 10 hours (two Saturdays) of CALL (Computer Assisted Language Learning)
- 5 hour Professional Development Workshop (Saturday)
(recommended to be taken during Part I)
- practicum (one week/daytime/25 hours) - at CCLCS
The 316 -hour TESL Ontario program is estimated to take at least 4 months to complete full-time and 1 year to complete part-time, depending on when Part Two of the program is taken.
Students in the 316-hour program must complete the following assignments from Part One before they are able to do their first practicum: follow-up lesson plan, take-home grammar test, and observation report. Upon successful completion of the program, students can submit their CCLCS certificate / transcripts and proof of a university degree to TESL Ontario for accreditation.
For a downloadable copy, Click Here (222.5 KB)
For more information, see the TESL Ontario website.